Pregnant or new to Parenthood?
Need some tools to manage the transition?
provides information and confidential support in a safe space for new and expectant parents.
Our objective is to Build Confidence for Parenthood by providing:
Emotional, Psychological and Relationship Preparation
for New or Expectant First Time Parents
• Understand the transition to parenthood
• Cope with losses related to parenthood
• Deal with “Mother-guilt”
• Manage expectations versus reality of parenthood
• Be assertive as a new mum or dad
• Manage negative, unhelpful thinking patterns
• Create awareness around how family relationships change when baby arrives
• Manage and optimize psychological health including postnatal depression
• Mindful Parenting and Attachment
Rest is not Idleness
Taking time to recharge your batteries is a priority- whether this be half an hour sitting alone in the sun or grabbing a coffee and reading the paper, regular planned and “in the diary” time to yourself is essential. If babysitters are too expensive and extended family are not around, try a roster system with close friends or neighbours with children where you take turns to give each other a break.
Live in your own comfort zone- do what feels comfortable for you without comparing to others. There will always be someone who looks like they are doing it better than you. Mums can be competitive at times- we all have value to add but in our own individual, unique and diverse ways.
Playfulness and Joy
Something to look forward to like a short break with the family or a fun activity is what keeps all of us going at times. Not everything for our kids has to be educational, serious or healthy- let’s break the rules once in a while, ok?
Useful resources for new and expecting parents